The Stichting Priona Tuinen (Foundation Priona Gardens) has been established in 1992 to assist in the maintainance of the gardens and to safeguard their existance. Income from admission fees is not sufficient for that. The gardens are an individual piece of art, started by Henk Gerritsen and Anton Schlepers and carried on since 1993 by Henk Gerritsen alone. Attempts are being made to involve one or more garden artists to carry on the project in the future. The artistic goal and direction are not fixed, only the following limitations are valid:
1. Chemical nor biological pesticides and herbicides will be used.
2. Watering will be limited to the absolutely essential.
3. Fertilisation is implemented in a limited degree, using only natural fertilisers.
4. The existing woodland will be maintained as natural woodland.
Dead trees or branches will not be removed.
5. Renovation to and changes in the gardens and buildings have to be in harmony with the existing spirit. The hard materials to be used have to be friendly to the environment.
In order to realise those objectives the Foundation will raise money from sponsoring, subsidies and donations.